Saturday, November 26, 2005

Welcome

Well, I finally got off my holidaying arse and did it.

Those poor souls who know me are completely aware that I read too much, and have too many opinions on a variety of topics, be them contemporary, important or neither.

This blog is an attempt to express a sample of these opinions. However, this blog is more than just an outlet where I can bitch, whinge, whine, rant and complain about various meaningless subjects. It's also a platform where I can tear apart common misconceptions, criticise popular trends, talk nerd about science and popular culture, sacrifice many a sacred cow, and ultimately, fulfill my self-indulgent needs.

Naturally, as time unfolds I should find my footing and develop a certain whinging style. I’ll endure to make this blog more than a “I went to work today. It sucked. That’s another day gone ” blog - as entertaining as they are. And of course, I will focus on topics which I know something about (e.g. X-men comics or famous German mathematicians) and abstain from topics I know nothing about (e.g. writing elegant prose or Australian politics).

Finally, I endeavour to ensure that all my rants contain, at least some, factual information whenever possible. But then again, one should never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Regards
Engels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home