Monday, February 13, 2006

Happiness in the Wide Bay

Ha! An index to measure the happiness for each Australian electorate. Apparently, the study concludes:

Wide Bay, which takes in the coast of Hervey Bay and the World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, has topped Australia's 150 electorates on the basis of wellbeing and sense of community, according to the first electorate-based national index of wellbeing, compiled by Deakin University

In standard of living, health, achievement in life, personal relationships, sense of safety, connection to the community and future security, the index found Wide Bay came out on top -- despite limping along at the bottom of other surveys that measure employment, income, education and economic strength.

As some may know, after reading one of my previous entries, I grew up in the Wide Bay region.
Mainly families and retirees, I reckon. I bet if I retired and moved to a sunny coastal town, I'd be damn happy too. Did they standardise this test with some sort of age distribution?

Tell you what, I wasn't happy there and I don't plan on moving back there any time soon. Nor do any of my mates.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why i was always so pissed off... i hate happy people ;)

1:01 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Haha, don't we all.

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home