Monday, April 24, 2006

Sex is Good

I had an inkling:

IT DOES not take a degree in medicine to work out that sex is good for you. Anything that is free, feels fabulous and leaves you glowing is plainly a good idea.

But scientists are now beginning to understand that the perceived feel-good effects of sexual intercourse are merely the tip of the iceberg. Sex, they are discovering, can offer protection from depression, colds, heart disease and even cancer.

The latest addition to the body of evidence came last month when Professor Stuart Brody of the University of Paisley published a study showing sex can lower blood pressure.


I knew there was a better reason why I should be having sex more often (or at all).

8 Comments:

Blogger Engels said...

Haha. True, true. Can you ever forgive me mate? I was young and stupid.

That's the thing about Melbourne, mate, they all wear pink (or salmon) shirts. Bloody confusing.

11:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" I did offer before you left Brissy mate."

Martini, is there something to your and Engels relationship that I don't know?

I mean, we all like to help out a mate, but let's not go nuts...







....in!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Whitz said...

gentlemen. it would appear i've found a place to live in madrid. a cheap one though in a rich area. the only catch? el hombre me presentó a su noveo. Unos homosexuales.

7:37 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Now I know why I'm so prone to colds...

8:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently sex twice a week also helps to avoid catching colds :-) *the things we have to do..* lol

(Dissertation is done, woo!)

6:40 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Aidan, there are somethings I'd like to bury in the past. That expression is one of them.

Whitty mate, go for it. Nuts in...

Jan and Jen, an interesting way to save money on cold medicine. Beats drinking orange juice.

Congrats on the thesis, Jen.

9:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its only gay if the balls touch Whitty

See you this weekend hopefully

6:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm all about nuts in...

and sex is good, but orange juice... well, its good too....

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home