Thursday, June 15, 2006

Google Quote of the Day

Perhaps a little childish of me, but meh:

"If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised." - Dorothy Parker

I once met a yank from Yale or Harvard. From her stories, I wouldn't be surprised either.

In other news, I'm just recovering from Monday's bouldering session and a gruelling hour of squash on Tuesday. I have supervisor meetings on Fridays, and he's going to kick my lazy arse. And rightly so.

Lastly, do you think there's any political planning of the World Cup team groups? For example: the US is not in the same group as, I don't know, Iran. Then again, it is the world game. It transcends all else.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The groups for the Soccer World Cup are drawn randomly.

Don't you remember the big hooplah when we ended up in Brazil's group?

1:12 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

I suspected so but they could have drawn a couple of times... Chuffa whinged that England had such a difficult line up last time while Germany had an comparatively easy one.

1:40 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Ah, I see, I think...

5:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judging by some of the Iranian babes in the audience of those games, I'd give them a "unifying experience" any day of the week.

8:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a big commotion in Argentina when they were picked in the 'group of death' because as Pele picked the ball before he looked he called it as Argentina.

OMG witchcraft!

5:20 am  
Blogger Engels said...

I have an Aussie friend living in the UK with an Iranian fellow. He tried to convince my friend that Iran is becoming liberal and showed him a photo of some Iranian women with visible, wait for it, arms. Scandalous.

Actually, Grogs maybe able to confirm my retelling of the story?

9:35 am  
Blogger Engels said...

The very same, I imagine.

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home