Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Coffee, luv?

For my fellow single lads out there, here's some interesting news:

Scientists have discovered why men are so keen to ask their date in for a coffee after a night out.

It seems caffeine makes us more likely to say "yes".

Moderate amounts of the coffee stimulant can increase people's willingness to be persuaded, say researchers.

The Australian scientists found that, after consuming caffeine, volunteers were more likely to agree with persuasive arguments.

This is interesting because I don't particularly like drinking coffee. However, I would ask a lady out for a coffee. Why? Well, because my female friends (no, I haven't driven them all away by my leering, yet) inform me that this is the best type of date. Seeing a film is too anti-social. And a beer is too, I don't know, keen? So the coffee date is the best. And in coffee-obsessed Melbourne, not knowing what a café latte is can get you into some hot-water, so to speak.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, good to see all our university fees are going to a good cause ay you australian scientists...

But seriously, who the fuck offers someone a coffee if they want to get laid...

"Shit, you know what? we are all out of coffee... damn no tea either and seems the water mains are off... However, we do have beer, wine, vodka, gin, whisky or a nice rohyp..*cough* rum..."

11:53 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Seeing is a film is too anti-social? Dang, I guess I really am terrible at being female. I'll totally love a guy who asks me out for a film. Coffee is something I get on my own to curb my murderous instincts.

12:01 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Haha, spoken like Quagmire, luke.

That's what I've been told, Jan. Maybe they were wrong. It does offer you the opportunity to talk about something after. But then again, if you're struggling for conversation...

9:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home