Saturday, May 05, 2007

Beers and Blogs

There's something to be said about blogs. Actually, no there isn't. It's all pretty obvious, innit? Blogs are the electronic manifestations of the self-indulged and long-winded amongst us. But I digress.

I sit here on this lovely evening having just consumed a number of beverages of the beer variety. And what an eveninig it has been! Star Wars day leaves us, May the 4th, the only pun known to mankind that can be lethal in large doses. And this in the wake of the premier of Spiderman 3. What a nerd bonanza! I'm going to watch this film soon. And I don't care if it's worse than, say, um, well, to be honest, I've seen way too many bad films in my life to even begin to name them. Forgive me my lord, for I knew not what Streetfigher would wrought on my mortal soul.

Speaking of mortality, at least two characters have passed away in the last month. The first was a drunken Ruskie who, I believe, briefly led a former communist country, and liberalised its economy, probably, too rapidly - no doubt leading to "richer than god" bastards like the owner of Chelsea FC. The other was a satirical and black humour (the best type of humour) writer who witnessed the bombing of Dresden. Pity he lost the plot - no pun intended - towards the end.

Writing this entry seemed like such a "good idea in the beginning" - said the actress to the bishop. Now I lack the verbal capacity to end it all. Speaking of which, I was recently invited by a friend to join a Shakespearan acting society. Can you imagine it? Me trying to act in front of pretentious arts students? I should attend just for the laugh. Or perhaps I'd be better reading the regicidal machinations of Macbeth in my own home - with close access to beer.

Perhaps, semi-drunken rants on blogspot can become a regular thing. What do you say? Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel every week? I can't believe I just made a comic reference. It's not the comic reference that saddens me per se. It's the fact that it was a DC comic reference. I have sinned. That's ten comics of Wolverince that I must read in order to cleanse myself.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back engels, keep it up mate!

4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More drunk blogging!

7:14 pm  
Blogger Jude said...

So glad to see your back, now try not to make it a once off blog and blog again woo hoo! more drunken blogs are good too..

10:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude... jude...hmm.... is that irish jude? THE irish jude? Who is irish?

You know how we feel about the irish, around here...

You're all the descendants of the ancestors of the descendants of convicts... so THERE! Or wait, is that us aussies....

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only if they are followed by a sunday morning rebuttal cursing your satuday night blogging self for its evil ways.

Or, in this case sunday afternoon

That was a fun night.

1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home