Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Bye Brisbane, hello Melbourne

Before I flew out this morning I rang Energex to cancel my electricity account. As I was about to hang up the Engergex lady says in a smart-arse you're-gonna-die-voice voice, "Enjoy the Melbourne winter." Oh hardy ha ha. Bitch.

Checking into the Virgin Blue desk I discovered my luggage weighed a total of 48kgs - 28 kgs over the limit. That extra 28kgs cost me, or rather, the University of Melbourne $122. Now my ticket was $155 and I weigh anything from 70 to 75 kg. You do the maths. That's right. Bastards.

Tomorrow I have to go to uni to meet academics and students. And enrol into my PhD - usually when you apply for a PhD scholarship, you automatically apply for the PhD. Apparently not at Uni of Melbourne.

Suprisingly, Melbourne today was sunny and I left Brissie in shitty grey weather. Maybe it's an omen...

4 Comments:

Blogger Engels said...

Nah mate, I''ll have my fair share of shit weather, you can enjoy it for now...

2:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we're glad to see the back of ye, ye wee koont.

now, if only i could find someone to help me pass this maths degree....

1:27 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Maths degree? Unlucky koont.

8:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my accommodation scotland site.
Have a great week!

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home