Friday, March 10, 2006

Computer and Uni Update

Just a quick personal update. I'm still looking for a place. Something will turn up. I have a temporary - possibly permanent - room at uni with a temporary computer. It's an old shitty iMac. But since IT support, the useless bastards, haven't given me my login in details it's nothing but an aqua-coloured paper-weight.

The faculty has a $2000 computer allowance for me. Apparently, if I'm nice to my supervisor, he will chip in the extra cash for a laptop. I have a choice of a Mac or PC. Which one should I get? Everyone else seems to use Macs and they have all the necessary software for a budding PhD student. But I spent so many years learning all the Windows short-cut keys. Ah, the choices.

This entry was written on a shitty iMac which doesn't even have the ability to show the blog-edit page properly.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's spam!

By the way, Macs are for poofs.

That's what Dale tells me.

7:26 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

That ws impressive spam. Don't worry - I bookmarked the links.

Dale would know. He knows a lot about computers and...

Could be right with compatability , Martini. I personally wanted to get a PC with Linux - über nerd. But then I couldn't open up the occasional word doc (most maths and physics nerds worth their salt write up papers in a scientific mark-up language called Tex. Fun stuff. I did my hours thesis in it).

9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That latest thread at TSSH is a great read....but watch out for the shock pic...

I freakin wish I hadn't seen it, that's for sure.

My. Eyes.

9:21 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Eh? Which thread? I read about old Jeremy Sears. What photo do you speak of, eh?

11:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the first page of comments

12:23 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Eeek. Thanks for that Aidan. I didn't need that at all.

Sears does seem to be a bit of a tosser. They test British migrants for mental problems. Why the hell wouldn't they test Africans for contagious diseases?

1:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This mac wouldnt even display the blog-edit page properly..."

Need i say more?

...

Oh, i need? 'k...

"Macs is for poofs"

1:36 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Indeed.

But if I go PC, I'll have to go Unix eh?

10:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home