Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ban on Stick Creatures

Not that I care much about the fashion industry, but this is amusing:

The world's first ban on overly thin models at a top-level fashion show in Madrid has caused outrage among modelling agencies and raised the prospect of restrictions at other venues.

Madrid's fashion week has turned away underweight models after protests that girls and young women were trying to copy their rail-thin looks and developing eating disorders.

Organisers say they want to project an image of beauty and health, rather than a waif-like, or heroin chic look.


Personally, I prefer a girl who excercises and lives a healthy lifestyle simply because I try to live a healthy lifestyle (drinking beer is healthy, isn't?). But I have no time for stick creatures. Not sure if Australia suffers this problem though since we have one of the world's highest obesity rates. Strange.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seconded.

If I wanted to get intimate with a wretchedly skinny flat-chested person I'd start feeling up myself.

....I mean, more than I already do.

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i'd be right there along side you... figuratively speaking...

as i said to engels, whoever coined the term "heroin chic" needs a good swift kick in the testiculars...

yours with an aching liver...

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really like Grasshoppers myself. Stick Insects are ok. If you cut them in half, both halves still try to run around, very amusing!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Flat-chested is not cool. You can tell tell that by how I leer at women who aren't flat-chested.

5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home