Tuesday, August 29, 2006

80's Ball

The uni is having a post-graduate ball. In typical form, most of the maths crew are not going, but I don't care. I'm going. Theme: the 80's. I need ideas!

I'm thinking a singer but most of them aren't the most masculine of characters including: Billy Idol, Adam Ant, and Michael Jackson. Failing that, I could go as a famous movie character such as one of the Ghostbusters, Martin Mc Fly (Back to the Future), Ferris Bueller, or Beetle Juice.

If I get desperate, dressing up as a Rubik's Cube or Space Invader might work... Any other suggestions?

Update: My hair is currently longer than usual, and subsequently curly, and in desperate need of a haircut. However, I figured I could colour it something crazy for the ball.

16 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

MC Hammer!

7:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, i'm pretty sure all of hammer's hit were released in the 90s

/music nerd

Anyway fuck Billy Idol, go for Billy Joel ;) That way you can break out with all the historical events of the last century in song form and a catchy chorus. This will make you seem smart and cool and will guarantee a hook up with some hottie dressed up as Cyndi Lauper…

1:31 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Haha, though Billy Joel is cool, I don't think he looks distinctive.

MC hammer did wear parachute pants, and they were 80's, but I'm pretty certain he's 90's.

9:43 am  
Blogger Jan said...

Aww, dang. Let's go with Beetle Juice then.

10:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ayatollah Khomenai!

11:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Optimus Prime...

11:07 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Jan, apparently he did have a couple of small hits in the late 80's, according to wiki.

Optimus Prime would be cool.

Beetlejuice would be excellent...just need to find the that striped suit.

Edward Scissor hands?

11:10 am  
Blogger Jan said...

Or Indiana Jones?

11:24 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Damn. Scissorhands was 1990.

Yeah, Indian Jones is good, doesn't really capture the 80s, I believe...still could be a easy costume.

11:33 am  
Blogger Jan said...

Thus far, I still think Beetlejuice would be more fun.

11:49 am  
Blogger Engels said...

White face, green hair, and striped suit. The suit could be challenging.

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan changed her icon for a reason. It's a sign.

She wants you to go as the film clip to Aha's Take on Me.

2:49 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

A Ha. Makes perfect sense. Hopefully they'll be playing it on the night...

Taaake onnnnn Meeee, take on me...

3:09 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

I see you've killed poor Sally, Engels. She will be sorely missed.

6:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, forget Billy Joel

Go Devo!

It'd be well easy to make those cool hats from cardboard

Whip it, whip it good

9:39 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

If only Sally's friends would die as well...

I'm thinking Devo or Beetlejuice. I mentioned Devo to the maths crew. "Who? What?"

Shameful.

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home