Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Help the Fatties

Boo hoo. We're a bunch of fatties:

The Federal Health Minister has told Parliament obesity is one of the most important public health issues Australia faces but he says individuals have to play a role in addressing the problem.

A report by Access Economics estimates the annual financial cost of obesity is close to $4 billion.

The federal Opposition has accused the Government of making a token effort to address obesity.

Tony Abbott has hit back, saying Labor is committed to a nanny state.

"Just as Government has a role, individuals also have a role, and in the end no government can or should try to regulate what individuals eat or the amount of exercise that individuals take," he said.


Please help me. I didn't know eating tons of greasy crap and sitting on my arse all day was bad for me. I was never taught at school which food was healthy? What's an apple?

In other news, I played a gruelling hour of squash today which means I've earnt myself a beer. Or two.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep getting fatter boys and girls, gives me more job opportunities.

9:21 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Come on, Martini. Don't be so selfish. You'll have plenty of work regardless. You live in sports obsessed country with tons of fat people.

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home