Sunday, February 19, 2006

Church Central

I am blessed by having my home situated next to an Orthodox Church, whose arcane rituals include annually following an old guy around with candles at two in the morning, and across the road from a happy-clappy 'International' Church. Consequently, every fucken Sunday morning the Orthodox Church rings its blasted bells in lunatic thirteens while the other church drives me insane with their craptastic off-key Christian rock. You'd think after playing the same shit music for so many years they'd be good at it by now but noooooo. They still suck.

Oh yeah, last night I went to a friend's 21st and got about 4 hours sleep before musical hell broke loose this morning. There is no God.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pontus said...

It's all too true man!
"and the drummer breaks out in a random off beat bridge"
Totally agree with your conclusion :-)

1:25 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Ha. My flatmate concurs. I'm not just a grumpy bitter old man. I'm quite young.

1:48 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

I can empathise. There are times here when I get pulled out of my slumber by loud, religious rituals.

I might prefer "craptastic off-key Christian rock" to the bangings of gongs and cymbals, though. It'll be a different sort of noise, for a change. ;)

5:03 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Is it on a regular basis? The Orthodox Church sometimes rings the bells mid-week.

5:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Orthodox Church is into craptacular Christian rock now?

I thought they had more taste...

They're dead to me. DEAD!

8:30 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

The orthodox church is into crazy rituals at 2am in the morning and ringing bells chaotically.

The international church is into Christian rock.

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home