Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Humour is the answer

Just maybe there's hope for me yet:

...scientists have now shown that a good sense of humour is important for women, but not men, in choosing a romantic partner.


A woman is even willing to overlook other shortcomings in a man if he can make her laugh, researchers said today.

"Our results suggest that humour can positively affect desirability as a relationship partner but this effect is most likely to occur when men use humour and are evaluated by women," said Eric Bressler, of Westfield State College in Massachusetts

I'm funny. 'onest luv.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it matter if the ladies are laughing at you?

7:55 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Nah, I reckon it's all good mate. A laugh's a laugh. If that fails, a rufie colada Quagmire-style.

8:07 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

A man lacking a sense of humor turns me off. In any case, given my tendency to mock everything, I'm sure someone like that will end up hating me.

8:54 pm  
Blogger Dirk said...

Depends at what stage you make them larf. If it's during dinner conversation = good.
If it's when you remove your undergarments = bad.

5:13 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Ah, that's where I've been going wrong. Nah only joking, I never get to the state of taking my pants off...

9:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I never get to the state of taking my pants off... "

Pfft... I do all the time.





Of course, not when women are around.

11:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home