Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Loony Leunig

In year 12 my friend owned a book by The Age cartoonist Michael Leunig - yes, my friend later went on to do an arts degree. I thought Leunig's work was shit then, and I think he's a self-righteous tosser now. Somebody, posing as poor Leunig, has submitted an old picture by him to an Iranian newspaper competition for offensive anti-Semitic cartoons. Naturally, Leunig called it a 'fraud and hoax'. Fraud, eh Leunig? But you did indeed draw said picture. Not the first time Leunig has been in trouble over his anti-Semitic work.

Now, in typical self-righteous bitch fashion, old Leunig has gone and pulled the God card:

I rose in the solemnity of this grim hour and wandered out into the brilliant moonlight to see if God was out there in the paddock somewhere. Yes, God is there.

I wandered back inside and in a reckless moment I opened the laptop lying on the kitchen table and went to the Iranian website. Lo and behold, the cartoon and the fake words were gone and God came in from the paddock and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Poor pathetic Leunig. He's the victim of a malicious conspiracy, ya know. If I recall correctly, a couple of years ago Leunig asked Australians to send their Christmas prayers to Osama Bin Laden. Now it would appear Leunig needs all the prayers he can muster.

Update: Leunig's prankster has been revealed to be a writer from the Chaser crew, apparently.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I detest the self-righteous, loony Christian and his crap drawing style.

All ducks, flower pots, guys with big noses and relentless anti-Israel caricatures.

Rather than ranting about conspiracies, perhaps the dickhead needs to wonder why an unedited cartoon of his was accepted for an Iranian holocaust cartoon comp.

At least the Age had the sense to reject the toon when it was first submitted.

12:26 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

He drew the cartoon. He tried to submit it to an Oz paper. And then he has the gall to cry about it when world sees it.

Loony Christian indeed.

12:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to this classic Leunig prose:

"I built fairy homes in the garden and in the flower petals I would make little beds for the fairies to sleep on, and in the morning I would rush out to see whether they’d visited and sure enough they had, I was sure, I could see the marks. To this day the way is probably not too different – when I make a cartoon I’m making a little fairy garden in my mind. It’s the same feeling. I’m engrossed in creating this fantasy, believing some magic is going to come into it, and when they get published it’s my hope that people enter into it in the way the fairies entered into my garden places.”

You can ALMOST hear him take his dick in hand and pull it, over and over again...

Oh, and to the anonymous member of the Chaser team.....Bravo.

4:15 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

What. The. Fuck. What's he on? Talks to God, builds faerie homes.

I just read his bio on his site. In short: wanker.

4:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home