Thursday, October 26, 2006

Strange Condition

This condition could get you into a lot of hot water:

Researchers are struggling to understand a rare medical condition where sufferers unknowingly demand, or actually have, sex while asleep, New Scientist magazine reports.

Research into sexsomnia - making sexual advances towards another person while asleep - has been hampered as sufferers are so embarrassed by the problem they tend not to own up to it, while doctors do not ask about it.

As yet there is no cure for the condition, which often leads to difficulties in relationships.

"It really bothers me that I can't control it," Lisa Mahoney told the magazine.

"It scares me because I don't think it has anything to do with the partner. I don't want this foolish condition to hurt us in the long run."

Most researchers view sexsomnia as a variant of sleepwalking, where sufferers are stuck between sleep and wakefulness, though sexsomniacs tend to stay in bed rather than get up and walk about.


I suppose the doctors usual "stay in bed" advice doesn't apply here. Boom. Tish. I wonder where the research trials are held?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It really bothers me that I can't control it," Lisa Mahoney told the magazine.

I'm sure Lisa shag isn't complaining about it

8:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

***Lisa's shag...

8:05 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

I'm sure the poor devil ain't...

8:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it considered equally bad if, in contrast, you are having sex with someone while THEY are asleep?

Not that that's ever happened to me, as such...

2:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he did complain, actually..

what happened was she woke up with him trying to have sex with her. She wasn't too happy about it.

Next, according to the studies, those "suffering" from sexsomnia do get quite a bit rough/violent

from the Scientific American magazine.. a few weeks back..

lol..

Zone Conv

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home