Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Game

Now I don't understand the hype over the game World of Warcraft, but this, this is completely out of this universe - so to speak. Somebody pinch me:

Marvel Universe Online, a massively multiplayer online game has been announced by Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360 and Windows Vista. Developed as a joint venture between Microsoft Game Studios, Marvel and Cryptic Studios, creators of the acclaimed City of Heroes, Marvel Universe Online looks set to be an epic online experience.

Speaking at X06, Frank Pape of Microsoft Game Studios declared “The vision behind the alliance of Microsoft Game Studios, Cryptic Studios and Marvel is to expand the MMO genre and create an epic gaming experience exclusively for Xbox 360 and Windows Vista gamers to experience together online.” Yep, he said together. We can therefore rest assured that Marvel Universe Online will be one of the games to make cross platform gaming between Windows Vista and Xbox 360 a reality.

With Super Heroes such as “Spider-Man,” “X-Men” and “The Hulk”, Marvel Universe Online looks set to be a game with mass appeal.


Mass appeal? No kidding.

And by the way, I don't regularly prowl the game news sites - this piece of priceless infomration came to me via Dalai Llama (who's more nerd than hardcore nowadays).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Engels, let me warn you, yourself, as a fan of all things Marvel, from what I understand, since you were a young fella, you'll absolutely love this shit, as long as the make it a decent game that appeals to shitloads of people. I've been a fan of the Warcraft series since the first version all those years ago, and when WoW came out, it got a little excited, although wasn't too sure about this whole MMORPG bit. But I love the game to bits, and I'm still paying my $15 per month since last March. I'm no way near as hardcore as most of the guys (and apprently girls) in WoW, but have never been able to bring myself to cancel my subscription. You don't seem like the type to get addicted to games though, but its just a warning!

4:08 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Haha, thanks for the heads up, Martini. I don't own my own computer as of yet. When I do perhaps I should install Linux so I won't be tempted. Then again, there's always Windows emulators...

5:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow comes as a windows, mac, and quite possibly linux version.... best install dos, just to be certain.... no nasty graphical user inferface to clutter up your monitor....

11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home