Friday, March 24, 2006

Roof over my head

Psst. I'll let you in onto a little secret. I was meant to spend tonight, and possibly tomorrow night, in a hostel dorm and hopefully have a permanent place by Sunday. At $30* per night for a 12-bed dorm, I thought that was a fucked idea. Looking around my uni office, and knowing there's a shower in our building, I decided to spend the next couple of nights hiding out here. Pretty clever, eh?

Lucky post-grads get 24-hour access keys or I would be sharing a dorm with drunken Irish and English men. And no-one deserves that.

*It cost me about 15 euro for a dorm in Ireland, the most expensive country in the EU (EU cities like London and Paris excluded).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always pictured you sleeping in your office!

Now we just need to make sure you get hunched over your research project...

5:37 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Give me a couple* of months when I finally have a project AND understand it.

*couple = 6 to 12

9:07 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Haha, yeah. My supervisor maybe impressed...if I did some actual work...

9:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could always find some hot melbournian (read: a bit woggy, probably wearing a Von Dutch shirt and those big bug-eyed glasses, but wonderfully fit none the less) slapper, and sleep in her bed...

couldnt you?

1:01 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

Sans the glasses, the thought had passed my mind...

6:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home