Friday, September 29, 2006

Naive Mother

After the highschool hostage situation in America, which finished with the kidnapper fatally wounding a student prior to shooting himself, a student decided to tell a bit of a porkie to the media:

Another student at the high school, Cassidy Grigg, went on US television channels NBC and ABC to give an account of how the gunman had chosen his hostages and threatened him personally.

However, the boy's mother, Larina Grigg, later announced that her son had lied, Colorado newspaper The Rocky Mountain News reports.


The hell? The gall of this lad. However, his mother defends him:

"Cassidy has never been dishonest in his life but in this matter he wasn't truthful," she said on Thursday afternoon.

"He was not in the room with the kids. He wants to say he's sorry. I know and he knows he made a huge mistake."


Right. Just to clarify, the lad has been honest his whole life but when he does decide to be a tad dishonest (no doubt for an admirable cause such as impressing a girl), he tellls a huge lie not just to his school mates, but to an entire nation via two TV stations. Very impressive for his "first" lie, doncha think?

Suppose I shouldn't be too hard on the little lying bastard. Afterall, I never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me, of this one time, when i was walking home from a pub, at night, feeling slightly drunk and not quite 100%, when from out of a dark alley, a dropbear and a hoopsnake jumped me, roughed me up and stole my wallet...

I battled 'em, of course, but the cheeky sods overcame me with natural cunning and raw aggression. My mum didnt believe me of course, saying that all the drop bears she has ever met have been fine upstanding citizens, but and she went so far as to suggest that hoop snakes DON'T EVEN EXIST, but like I said to her, if drop bears aren't vicious and hoop snakes dont exist, then who stole me wallet eh? EH?

11:06 am  
Blogger Engels said...

Probably the same cunning bastards who stole my wallet the other night while I was on the piss. They spent all my money, and then promptly returned it. The cheek.

Reckon they also spiked my tequila shots too...how else would one explain the headache?

8:56 am  
Blogger Whitz said...

somehow i thought twas your mobile phone.

8:58 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike free trainer 5.0
nike store
louboutin outlet
black christian louboutin
mbt canada
mbt shoes online
fitflops clearance
fitflop sale
www.2016nikeairhuaraches.com
Huaraches Nike
Red Bottom Shoes
christian louboutin store
cheap jordan shoes
jordans 2016
jordans 2015
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
coach outlet store
coach outlet store online
kate spade outlet
kate spade handbags outlet
Michael Kors Store
michael kors purses
michael kors selma
michael kors jewelry
Michael Kors Sale
michael kors bracelet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlets
Michael Kors Outlet Online Store
Michael Kors Outlet Locations
jordan 11

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home