Friday, October 05, 2007

Left vs Right

I don't know how accurate this school of thought is, but it seems to be widely published:

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking


I'm definitely a left-side brain sort of person. The dancer only turns clockwise for me. I don't know what that means.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have most definitely described myself as a left brain stereotype, but for all my trying, longing and staring, i couldnt get that damned dancer to spin the appropriate way.

That said, i did a Briggs-Myer test (if thats how its spelled) and it picked me as considerably different to how i had originally expected my personality to turn out. That said, the resulting overview was fairly accurate, but they DID tend to be a bit sweeping and vague, from memory.

10:26 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Clockwise, clockwise for me...I can't see how its even close to going the otherway.

7:39 pm  
Blogger Engels said...

I was like that. Now I can see the other way. The trick, for me, is to look at the shadow, and slowly move your eyes up her legs... I speak with an element of experience, don't I?

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home